Big dogs that dont shed? What breeds are good for allergy sufferers?

Okay so i know all dogs shed some. But im looking for a dog that doesnt shed hardly at all. My fiance and i would like a large dog. But im allergic to the dander. It make my eyes puffy and my nose swells. Soooo yeahhh. We would like to have one that is masculine. Short haired. (We live in southwest texas) we also need to make sure it is good with children we might have a baby on the way. (Still guessing). I usually dont get home till 10 or later at night. We do live out in the country. So i would like to have a dog that could be protective and guard the house when im gone. (Hence the big dog) we are fully capable of taking care of a large dog. The vet the training. My fiancé has trained animals all her life so its not too far of a stretch for us. Any personal experiences or lists of big (non-little shedding) dogs would be great!! Thank you

I'm in the same boat as you, I have mild allergies to dogs but still have a dog. My girlfriend on the other hand is EXTREMELY allergic to dogs. I was looking into hypoallergenic dogs which many people will argue they don't exist and that is true however some dogs are better with people with allergies than others. Also something interesting sometimes a dog that may cause one person to be allergic doesn't bother another person with allergies so try to be around alot of dogs and see what bothers you and what doesn't.

Unfortunately short haired dogs seem to be the worst for allergies. I have an Olde English Bulldogge and he sheds and his hair is sharp and course so really irritates your skin and gets into your clothing, bedding, carpets, etc. I am very frustrated that all the dogs that are good for allergies are not dogs that appeal to me, they are all girlly fru fru dogs like Maltese, Yorkies, etc or hairless dogs whch I think are creepy, or Poodles and Airdales which I'm not crazy about either.

Also, keep in mind shedding doesn't have alot to do with your allergies it's the dander that bothers you. Chihuahas shed alot but are great for people with allergies. Short haired doxons aren't bad either. I've heard people say Boston Terriers are good but heard others say they are not. A good example of a dog that sheds but is good with allergies is Samoyeds. Those are a few non girly dogs you may like. 

One other thing to consider, will your Fiance be home before 10? Leaving a dog alone all day long is not exactly a great life for the dog they will get lonley and sad.