Dog lick causing allergic reaction?

I am severely allergic to wheat. I have no consumed or touched anything with wheat in it within the past week. I did however get licked and kissed by a dog who has wheat in their food. Could this becausing my allergic reaction?

Have you also had allergic reactions to dogs in the past or is wheat your only allergy? With dogs or pets in general some people are allergic to proteins in the dogs saliva and not the fur or dander while others are more allergic to the dander and fur. It's possible it's not wheat your allergic to but the dogs saliva. Most dog foods or cheaper dog foods at least may contain some wheat but more likely contain corn so I'm not so sure it's wheat causing your allergy, I would lean towards saying your allergic to proteins in the dogs saliva and that's what gave you the allergic reaction.